Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Topic explanation (Beauty)

Beauty is the value of truth and goodness. Beauty refers to the interaction between line, colour, texture, sound, shape and the size that pleasing to the senses. I will be looking at shape, colour and form as the elements of art. I will be making contemporary jewellery inspired by fingernail art and I'll be using nails shapes to make my jewellery.

I'm exploring the beauty of nail art. I learn new things about nails each and every day. Muslim female, are not allowed to have nails polish in their hand because of their daily prayers. Making fingernail rings it going to accommodate each and every Muslim female because it's easy to take off the ring, rather than removing nail polish every day. 
Figure-1 Sishi, L,(2020) Nails shapes

As a nail technician, my aim was to make fingernail rings. As I was busy doing my research, I ended up choosing nails shapes to make my jewellery. In (figure 1), I have different types of nails shapes; I have a square nail, almond nail, ballerina nail, coffin nail and stiletto nail shape. Filing is very important when you shape the nails. I have been using plastic nails,  and I fund it easy to shape plastic nail. Now I'm trying to make nails in metal. I'm trying to use nails shapes to make earrings, necklace, bangles, brooch and rings.


Figure-2 Taffinje, earrings
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bt6FKkPg562/ 

In figure 2, I have a picture with two pair of earrings and these earrings are made up of precious and non-precious material. Taffin used two elements of art, which is shape and colour. On the round shape, he used white stone and the stone is called ice stone. I like the way he plays with the colours of the stones. On the teardrop shape, which looks like a stiletto shape, he used amber stone.






No comments:

Post a Comment