Wednesday, December 2, 2020

Reflection

Looking back to the jewellery I made, I have achieved what I wanted to make which was to make wire fingernails rings. The very important thing I did was to use my jewellery skills to band the wire to get the actual shape that I was aiming for.  Which was an oval shape, in the index finger and V shape on the middle finger. This method of banding thin wire as finger manicure, I'm still going to use this technique because it doesn't take time to band a wire whereas with a flat band its tricky. In the picture below if you can look clear on the pink finger and on a ring finger both fingernails have texture. I used a wool fabric to create these rough pattern. Almost in all my work this year I have used this pattern. Looking at my fingernails rings, I think they all look stunning because I have improved better than the first rings I made last year. What I can do differently in these fingernail rings is that I should have added nail art design and colour. In my next set of fingernail rings, I will use all the techniques I used in these rings and explore more skills. In future, I want to make bangles with this texture on the ring finger. As jewellery design and making jewellery inspired by the beauty of nail art, I have noticed that I'm being precious about my skills whereas I'm supposed to explore more.

Fig1 Fingernail rings.

No comments:

Post a Comment